Otrivin Menthol 0.1% Nasal Spray: Xylometazoline 0.1% plus Menthol
Otrivin Menthol 0.1% Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline 0.1% plus menthol (preservative-free):
- It eases nasal congestion in minutes by constricting dilated blood vessels in the nasal mucosa
- It reduces symptoms of hypersecretio ns and facilitates sinus drainage
- Menthol in the formulation provides a cooling effect and a sensation of breathing easier1-4
Otrivin Menthol 0.1% Nasal Spray (Xylometazoline hydrochloride 0.1% + menthol)
For patients who are looking for rapid and effective relief of nasal congestion and sinus pressure.1–4
Nasal spray solution (metered-dose spray):
- Otrivin 0.1% nasal solutions contain 1 mg/mL of xylometazoline hydrochloride.
- For adults and children 12 years of age and over
- 1 spray into each nostril up to 3-4 times daily, as needed
- Do not exceed the recommendation dose.
- It is recommended that the last application be made just before retiring to bed
- Otrivin should not be used for more than 7 consecutive days
How to use
- Do not cut the nozzle. The metered dose spray is ready to prime before use.
- Clear your nose.
- Remove protective cap.
- Before using for the first time, prime the pump by performing a few pumping motions until an even spray is released into the air. At subsequent applications the dosing spray pump will be ready for instant use. Be very careful not to spray in the eyes or mouth.
- Hold the bottle upright with thumb under base and nozzle between two fingers
- Lean forward slightly and insert the nozzle into the nostril.
- Spray and breathe in gently through the nose at the same time
- Repeat with the other nostril.
- Clean and dry the nozzle before replacing back the cap right after use.
- To avoid possible spread of infection, the spray should only be used by one person.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Xylometazoline, like other sympathomimet ic agents, should be used with caution in patients showing a strong reaction to adrenergic substances, as manifested by signs of insomnia, dizziness, tremors, cardiac arrhythmia, or elevated blood pressure
- Otrivin Menthol 0.1% Nasal Spray should be used with caution in patients with hypertension, cardiovascular disease, hyperthyroidism , diabetes mellitus, phaeochromocy toma, prostatic hypertrophy, monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) treatment, or who have received them in the last two weeks
- As with other topical vasoconstrictor s, it should not be used for more than 7 consecutive days; prolonged or excessive use may cause rebound congestion and/or atrophy of the nasal mucosa
- Keep out of sight and reach of children