Polident Pro Guard & Retainer Cleanser
Polident Pro Guard & Retainer meets the specific needs of patients with removable appliances and is formulated to clean without scratching.
- Kills 99.99% of odor-causing bacteria*1-3
- Proven to help keep your retainer, aligner and mouth guard crystal clear & transparent4,5
- Helps remove tough stains
- Helps stops cumulative build-up of odor-causing bacteria to help keep your dental appliance clean.*
*in laboratory tests
†when used as directed
Polident Pro Guard & Retainer is our first cleanser tested and proven to be compatible on 20 different aligner, mouthguard and retainer materials including:4,5
- Polycarbonate mouth guard
- PVC vaccuum formed mouth guard
- Wired retainer
Polident's formula is proven to clean without scratching.*
*in laboratory tests†This does not represent the full compliment of materials on the market.
An in vitro study was completed to evaluate material integrity and test surface integrity of different cleaning regimes including soaking with Polident Pro Guard & Retainer and brushing with regular toothpaste.4,5
Photographic analysis, light microscopy analysis (LiMi), and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) highlighted visible surface damage when material was brushed with toothpaste. The same analysis showed little or no surface changes compared to brushing with toothpaste.4,5
Polident Pro Guard & Retainer meets the specific needs of patients with retainers, aligners and mouth guards
Polident Pro Guard & Retainer is tested on mouth guard & retainer materials so that you can recommend with confidence**
**based on in vitro testing
IngredientsSodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Potassium Monopersulfate, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Carbonate Peroxide, TAED, Sodium Benzoate, PEG-180, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, VP/VA Copolymer, Flavor, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Blue 2, Blue 1 Lake.
- Drop one Polident Pro Guard & Retainer tablet into enough very warm (not hot) water to cover your oral appliance.
- Soak for 3-5 minutes. For best results, gently brush your oral appliance with cleanser solution using a soft brush. Discard remaining solution immediately after use.
- Rinse appliance thoroughly with running water
Recommend daily use to disrupt odor-causing bacteria build up and maintain a clean, fresh appliance
- Keep tablets & solution out of reach of children and those at risk of accidentally swallowing.
- Do not place tablets or solution in mouth.
- Do not drink cleansing solution or use it as mouthwash.
- Rinse well.
- Do not use if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients.
- May produce allergic reaction. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and get medical advice and/or attention.
- IF SWALLOWED: Call a Poison Control Center or doctor.
- Do not touch mouth or eyes after handling tablets or solution.
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling tablet or solution.
- Causes serious eye irritation. IF IN EYES: rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. If eye irritation persists, get medical advice and/or attention.