FLONASE SENSIMIST Mechanism of Action
Fluticasone furoate: the molecule in FLONASE SENSIMIST
FLONASE SENSIMIST is an enhanced-affinity glucocorticoid with potent anti-inflammatory activity. FLONASE SENSIMIST is designed for targeted onsite activity in the nose, at the source of the most bothersome symptoms1,2
- Has a high affinity for glucocorticoid receptors where it exhibits increased intrinsic activity3,4
- Because it is designed for targeted, onsite activity in the nasal mucosa, systemic absorption of FLONASE SENSIMIST is low5,6
FLONASE SENSIMIST blocks the allergic cascade
- Unlike oral antihistamines, which only block histamine, FLONASE blocks 6 of the key inflammatory mediators, including histamine, cytokines, leukotrienes, chemokines, prostaglandins, and tryptases3
- This results in early and late phase suppression of the allergic cascade3
- In addition, FLONASE binds to the glucocorticoid receptor to shut off proinflammatory genes and induce anti-inflammatory genes3
FLONASE SENSIMIST MOA video
When nasal allergies strike, do more to block the allergic cascade. Antihistamines target just one key inflammatory mediator.
FLONASE SENSIMIST allergy relief works to block 6 key inflammatory mediators and provides more complete relief.