Sensodyne Science: Potassium Nitrate Formulations
Potassium nitrate formulations build protection over time to help desensitize nerves in tooth pulp1–6
Sensodyne potassium formulations contain 5% potassium nitrate (KNO3). Potassium is an ingredient that is clinically proven to reduce dentin hypersensitivity:1–6
- Potassium ions can travel into exposed dentin tubules from the tooth surface to reach internal nerves
- Build-up of potassium ions over time helps desensitize nerves in the tooth pulp, making them irresponsive to sensitivity stimuli (e.g. cold water, hot coffee, etc.)
- Helps reduce sensitivity related to professional whitening procedures7
Break the cycle of dentin hypersensitivity and provide long-term protection
Goals for effective management of dentin hypersensitivity:
- Provide relief from dentin hypersensitivity
- Provide long-lasting protection from dentin hypersensitivity with continued twice-daily use of a sensitivity toothpaste
- Improve quality of life for patients with dentin hypersensitivity
Sufferers often switch back to their regular daily toothpaste when sensitivity is relieved8. This can result in pain returning.
Sensodyne helps reduce dentin hypersensitivity
Sensodyne Essential Care Range
Sensodyne Fresh Mint toothpaste provides sensitivity protection and prevents cavities with twice daily brushing.
Sensodyne Whitening Plus tartar fighting relieves sensitivity pain, prevents cavities, gently removes stains and prevents tartar build-up with twice daily brushing.